We are currently accepting submissions for LUMINA Vol. VXIII!
LUMINA Vol. XVII is open to submissions July 4th through to October 31st, 2018.
LUMINA Vol. XVIII transcends theme.
Submissions are now open! LUMINA Vol. XVIII seeks Fiction, Poetry and Non-Fiction pieces that break the literary rules. Experimentation is not just a phase. This volume seeks to give space to voices unheard; voices that look at not just the heart, but the kidney and bowel, of humanity in uncanny and beautiful ways.
LUMINA Journal, as ever, is a reflection of the Sarah Lawrence College community; a creative cohort of progression, diversity and creative experimentation. No theme. All work welcome.
All literary submissions must be submitted through our Submittable page. Submissions must include a three-sentence biographical statement in cover letter. Please do not include personal identifying information within your manuscript (check those headers and footers!) or your work will not be reviewed. All submissions are read blind.
We will not consider previously published work. We accept simultaneous submissions as long as we are notified immediately if the work is accepted elsewhere. Once we accept a piece, we assume it will appear in LUMINA. All work will also be considered for our online journal.
All rights revert back to the author upon publication.
Please specify in your cover letter whether you are submitting poetry, fiction, or nonfiction.
Prose and Poetry
- Poets may submit up to three poems, 60 lines maximum per poem, not exceeding 750 words.
- Prose writers may submit up to two pieces: 5,000 words maximum per piece for the print journal and 2,000 words per piece for the online edition. Please submit multiple prose pieces in one document.
Please specify in your cover letter that you are submitting Multimedia. Visual, audio and written work must be submitted together.
- Writing guidelines as above.
- Submit all work together. All work must be original and not copyrighted.
- Audio work only accepted for online.
LUMINA Vol. XVIII is seeking artists to illustrate content for the journal and online. Please send all art submissions only to the Lumina team at email@example.com with the following:
- A cover letter, explaining a bit about you and your work.
- A small artistic sample or portfolio.
We consider all artist submissions for our print and digital issues. We accept black and white as well as color artwork. All artists welcome.